November 3, 2016

adventures with j

One of the things I repeatedly told Jake while he was on his mission was that we would be doing a lot more exploring when he returned. We both share a love for changing seasons, fishing, and enjoying the smell of pine trees as you drive up the rim with the windows down. 
A few weekends ago J and I took a day trip up to Woods Canyon to fish and lounge around. Try to find something more relaxing than a day by the lake, I dare you. We had a picnic, hiked to find the best spot and more importantly enjoyed being able to hang out together. Sometimes I still can't believe Jake is home and not 5,000+ miles away.






Views >>>> 
...it doesn't stop there!
For starters, I have a love for horses - always have! And when I say "love" I mean freak out every time I see a horse trailer drive by me or pull off the side of the road to pet a strangers horse. And any chance I get to ride one or even be near one, you best bet I take it!
Jake and I were invited to go up to Concho, Arizona to help out at his family ranch. There was no way I could miss out on nice weather, horses, and witnessing Jake in a cowboy hat and boots. For the first time in my life I helped round up cattle on horseback and I even helped run a cow into the pin to be branded. The cowboys worked from sun up to sun down and by the end everyone smelled like crap (literally. hah!)
My favorite part was sleeping on cots under the stars and eating our tin foil dinners in the old ranch with a lantern as our only source of light. I just really love the outdoors and my handsome cowboy.









here's to many more adventures!

No comments :

Post a Comment